1. Where does the conversation probably take place?
A. In a restaurant. B. In a supermarket. C. In the kitchen.
2. What are the speakers talking about?
A. The man’s sister. B. A party. C. An actor.
3. Who is going to work in Los Angeles?
A. Sam. B. Betty. C. John.
4. What will the man do next?
A. Get the candle. B. Make a phone call. C. Hand in his report.
5. What did the young man do?
A. He hit a boy. B. He made a U-turn. C. He crossed the road crazily.
第二节（共15小题；每小题1. 5分，满分22. 5分）听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题5秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
6. What are the speakers mainly talking about?
A. Whose wallet it is. B. Where the wallet is. C. What is in the wallet.
7. What will the man do next?
A. Go to the supermarket. B. Search the house. C. Make a phone call.
8. Where does the man work?
A. In a school. B. In a gym. C. In a club.
9. How far can the woman run in an hour on the running machine?
A. About 7 kilometers. B. About 8 kilometers. C. About 10 kilometers.
10. When did the woman catch the thief?
A. On Monday morning.
B. On Monday afternoon.
C. On Tuesday morning.
11. What did the thief buy?
A. Some small articles.
B. Some of the cheapest things.
C. One of the most expensive dresses.
12. What’s the real relationship between the assistant and the thief?
A. Mother and daughter.
B. Teacher and student.
C. Shop assistant and customer.
13. What is the man doing here?
A. Taking a business trip.
B. Having a holiday alone.
C. Visiting his girlfriend.
14. How much will the man pay for the insurance?
A. $15. B. $45. C. $135.
15. Where will the man return the car?
A. In Los Angeles. B. In San Francisco. C. In New York.
16. What will the woman do next?
A. Bring the man the keys.
B. Talk about the insurance.
C. Bring the man some forms.
17. What are “mall rats” according to the speaker?
A. Those who spend a lot of time in malls.
B. Those who shop regularly in malls.
C. Those who steal things from malls.
18. Which is not the reason why people like malls?
A. Feeling safe. B. Free parking. C. Reasonable price.
19. How many night clubs are there in the Mall of America in Minnesota?
A. 35. B. 8. C. 7.
20. When was the first indoor mall built in America?
A. In 1935. B. In 1963. C. In 1965.